At Boryski’s Butcher Block we unite past family values with new innovations to deliver continuous satisfaction and assurance to both staff and customers. We believe serving the community starts by building a team that values collaboration, quality standards, and creativity.
We are looking for a candidate with drive and a can-do attitude to join our team as Catering Assistant to provide support to the Catering Team and Retail Team. This position supports our mission to service the community through delivering consistency and quality to our products and services.
Working with a supportive team, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, the ideal candidate has experience with customer service and catering, and is comfortable taking direction. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to contribute to team success and grow their skills in food preparation, recipe development, and customer service.
- Work with Catering Team to fulfill all catering orders to specification
- Help Catering Team manage and run catering events
- Assist in preparing and serving hot lunch and deli items such as sandwiches, salads, sweets, ready-to-eat meals etc.
- Create and adhere product labels as needed
- Maintain an organized, clean, and sanitized front-end (retail and catering) area
- Greet and assist shop customers as they arrive, in a timely and courteous manner
- Provide product/pricing information, run till, bag groceries, etc.
- Other duties as required
Key Attributes (required):
- Kind, honest, and reliable
- Able to adapt to fluctuations in pace and use time efficiently
- Meet demand when busy and tackle new projects during slow periods
- Understands how one’s demeanour is representative of the BBB brand
- Provides exceptional customer service skills to match
- Highly collaborative (team player)
- Can communicate concerns, ideas, and needs effectively and courteously
- Willing to take initiative and develop creative problem solving/solutions
- Takes pride in a job well done
Additional Assets (not required):
- Customer service experience
- Food preparation experience (catering, restaurant, etc.)
- Food Safe Certification
- Serve it Right Certification
What we offer you:
- Hourly compensation set above minimum wage
- Three-week paid vacation time (annually)
- Paid sick time
- Product discounts
- Equitable portion of gratuities earned
- A set schedule
- A chance to learn a diverse set of skills through cross-training and team collaboration
- A culture that values new ideas, transparency, collaboration, and fun
This position requires in-person attendance at our shop located in the North Industrial area of Saskatoon. We are building an inclusive work environment representative of the diverse community we have the pleasure of serving, and encourage candidates from all abilities and backgrounds to apply.
About Boryski’s Butcher Block
Boryski’s Butcher Block is proud to be a locally owned and family-run butcher shop located in the North Industrial area of Saskatoon. Since its founding in 1981, Boryski’s Butcher Block has expanded its operations to offer catering, BBQ rentals, wild game butchering, fundraising programs, and, most recently, fully-serviced Food Trucks for local events.
Our Response to COVID-19
This position requires in-person participation. COVID-19 health and safety regulations are in place to ensure all team members feel comfortable, safe, and supported in their roles. In-person interviews will be conducted, though requests for virtual interviews may also be considered.
We thank you for your interest in joining the team! Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we welcome all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.