At Boryski’s Butcher Block we unite past family values with new innovations to deliver continuous satisfaction and assurance to both staff and customers. We believe serving the community starts by building a team that values collaboration, quality standards, and creativity.
We are looking for a candidate with drive and a can-do attitude to join our team as Sausage Maker to provide support to the Butchering Team and Retail Team. This position supports our mission to service the community through delivering consistency and quality to our products and services.
Terms of Employment: Full Time, 40 hours/week
General Scope of Duties: The Sausage Maker is an integral team member working in tandem with the Butcher Team to provide quality products for shop retail and custom orders. The Sausage Maker also supports the operational duties by making sure equipment is safe and well-maintained.
- Ensure all recipes and BBB sausage standards are followed to procedure
- Perform duties with consistency to produce the best possible product and maintain quality control standards
- Responsible for making and maintaining stock for all flavours and styles of beef jerky, sausage, smoked salmon, and processed retail items (ie. hamburgers)
- Work with Owners to create an inventory schedule to assist sausage/jerky production in high vs low sales times
- Assist Butcher Lead with Wild Game Processing, especially as it relates to any sausage making components
- Coordinate with team to ensure all shop equipment is well-maintained and in safe, working order
- Report equipment issues/malfunctions
- Oversee BBQ, smokers, and propane maintenance
- Maintain a clean/sanitized back of house work area, with support from the Butcher team
- Wash and dry dishes as necessary
- Clean smoke house, BBQs, sausage making area (and floors)
- Keep walk-in freezer and catering cooler organized and clean
- Other duties as required
Key Attributes (required):
- Kind, honest, and reliable
- Able to adapt to fluctuations in pace and use time efficiently to Meet demand when busy and tackle new projects during slow periods
- Understands how one’s demeanour is representative of the BBB brand to Provides exceptional customer service skills to match
- Highly collaborative (team player)
- Can communicate concerns, ideas, and needs effectively and courteously
- Willing to take initiative and develop creative problem solving/solutions
- Takes pride in a job well done
Additional Assets (not required):
- Customer service experience
- Food preparation experience (catering, restaurant, etc.)
- Food Safe Certification
- Valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License
What we offer you:
- Hourly compensation set above minimum wage based on experience
- Paid sick time for employees who work more than 20 hours per week
- Product discounts
- Equitable portion of gratuities earned
- A set schedule
- A chance to learn a diverse set of skills through cross-training and team collaboration
- A culture that values new ideas, transparency, collaboration, and fun
- This position requires in-person attendance at our shop located in the North Industrial area of Saskatoon. We are building an inclusive work environment representative of the diverse community we have the pleasure of serving, and encourage candidates from all abilities and backgrounds to apply.
About Boryski’s Butcher Block
Boryski’s Butcher Block is proud to be a locally owned and family-run butcher shop located in the North Industrial area of Saskatoon. Since its founding in 1981, Boryski’s Butcher Block has expanded its operations to offer catering, BBQ rentals, wild game butchering, fundraising programs, and, most recently, fully-serviced Food Trucks for local events.
Our Response to COVID-19
This position requires in-person participation. COVID- 19 health and safety regulations are in place to ensure all team members feel comfortable, safe, and supported in their roles. In-person interviews will be conducted, though requests for virtual interviews may also be considered. Our mask policy remains in place.
We thank you for your interest in joining the team! Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we welcome all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.